Of all the things you can do to build your practice, the most important is to take control of the way you deliver your services.
Client service matters more than a pricing discount, a cocktail reception or a brochure (although those are nice, too).
The hallmarks of quality service – courtesy, reliability, responsiveness, tangibles and empathy – are also the basics.
As you master the basics, you’ll adopt more sophisticated initiatives to set your practice apart: expectation management, assessment of perceptions, process management, team alignment and opportunities for innovation.
These activities will eventually become part of the natural way you do things in your office – i.e. they won’t feel like a strategy, but will fit into your daily practice. In return, clients will refer others, give you more of their own work and stay loyal.
Bellwether Strategies can assist with
- Client interviews
- Client research and surveys
- Stakeholder relationship assessments
- Service model development
- Client service standards
- Independent project evaluations
- Staff and supplier training
- Development of support material
- Client recognition programs
- Client team strategy
- Research to benchmark stakeholder perceptions of service quality in a complex public organization
- Client interviews on behalf of a law firm and an accounting firm to assess perceptions of quality and value
- Facilitation of client service training workshops at firm retreats attended by staff and professionals