Strategic planning in professional firms requires a sensitive approach to organizational culture, regulatory requirements and market opportunities.
The end result should align each element, enabling you to become more profitable, bring value to your clients and grow your business.
As a consultant, my role is to help you identify your best options, based on the unique situation of your firm.
How it works
Know your markets. Client research, market analysis and internal assessments help you discover what is possible. Strategies that consider bias, assumptions, client perceptions, decision makers and market realities are much more likely to succeed than strategies that simply sound good.
Choose opportunities based on research and capabilities. What will clients pay for? And what are you willing to do to provide it? Opportunities should align identity, culture, goals, profit projections, market opportunities and future client needs.
Engage management and staff in the process. They want to contribute. They might speak to clients more often than you do. And they can provide observations and ideas that you may never have thought of. They will shape and implement your plan every day, given the opportunity.
Strategic planning services
- Meeting facilitation
- Cultural assessments
- Market research
- Stakeholder research
- Service blueprinting
- Competitive analysis
- Implementation strategy
- Performance indicator analysis
- Research and stakeholder surveys for a regional law firm exploring adjustments to traditional employment arrangements
- Facilitation of a succession planning “discovery session” and follow up for the partners of a boutique law firm
- Facilitation and renewal of a strategic planning process for the Vancouver branch of an international commercial real estate association
- Blueprinting a strategic planning process for practice groups in an international law firm
- Industry research and competitive intelligence report for a mid-size law firm and an international law firm
What Clients Say….
“We hired Natasha to facilitate our strategic planning for our Board at CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) Vancouver. Natasha has the uncanny ability to draw the best out of people in strategic sessions by creating a non-threatening environment.
I have never worked with anyone who was as successful as Natasha is in bringing new teams together to achieve positive and measurable results. Natasha guided our executive through a process of mutual collaboration. She challenged each individual to rise to their full potential to make meaningful contributions. Our board was been a joy to work with because realistic goals were set at the outset of our term and we had 100% buy-in as a team from the start.
I truly value and respect Natasha’s advice – she has been both a mentor and new friend throughout the process. Her follow up throughout the year shows that she really cares to ensure that goals are met. I would highly recommend Natasha as a strategic consultant to any company.”
– Michelle Mackay, Property Manager, Blackwood Partners, and Chair, CREW Vancouver, 2014